This highlights his knowledge of the French language; his degree of familiarity with the written word; his academic skills built in his previous schooling, in language and mathematics.
Your family has just arrived in France, and as a result your child requires to be assessed by CASNAV.
An interview will assess your child’s level in the following skills:
- Reading (in his/her mother-tongue)
- Mathematics (in his/her mother-tongue)
CASNAV ‘s assessment is not an exam. It aims at offering your child the relevant classes in French as a Foreign Language as well as a place in a class which reflects his or her level.
- If your child is between 6 and 10 years of age, you are required to enroll him in a primary school. Please go to your local town hall and they will give you the address of the school.
- If your child is between 11 and 16 years of age, please arrange a meeting with CASNAV (03 22 71 41 72 / firstname.lastname@example.org). Your child will be enrolled in a secondary school following assessment by our services.
- If your child is over 16 years of age, please arrange a meeting at a CIO (Careers Office) where he / she will be assessed by CASNAV and then have a discussion with an adviser regarding his orientation.
Mise à jour : avril 2022